Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Work Bench Updates

Well, I didn't get as much done on the railroad today, as I would have liked.  However, I did complete the update to the work bench.  The work bench is located in the Traffic Center (staging) area.  The bench was already there.  I added the two sections of peg board to the right of the bench and added hooks and a parts box.  I had installed peg board in front of the work area a while ago but just recently added hooks and hung all the Micro-Trains/Kadee coupler stuff on the board.  Well that eliminates some boxes and makes things easier to find.  I donated all the coupler stuff I didn't need anymore to a friend.

In the photo it looks darker than it really is.  Lower level lighting will go in soon for the lower level and this will light the peg board on the right.  I'm using a type of rope light that I found at my local electronics store.  It's very bright and will work great for the lower level.

Here are two photos of the work area.  The upper level staging is above the bench and the lower level staging is bench height.  The programming track is just in front of the bench and the work surface is glass.  Under the lower level are roll-outs with drawers.  The left two have tools and misc and the other 5 hold trains.  (only 2 of the other 5 are shown in the photo on the right)


   

No comments:

Post a Comment