Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

More Progress

This past Tuesday I planned to get all the BNSF staging installed. However, things take longer than they "are supposed to" so that didn't get completed.  I did get the cork installed and one throat installed.  This weekend I will get the other throat installed.  I'd like to say I will get Tortoises installed on 7 turnouts too but due to timeing don't expect I will get that far.  But let's see what happens!  Once this area is complete, I need to finish up some track connections at Goshen, intall a reverser for the Y there, and a few other track/electrical gremlins that cropped up.  If all that goes well, we should be able to run trains "flawlessly" with all new turnout controls by mid to end of November!  Yaaaaa!!!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Lots of Progress!

Accomplished lots of progress since the last post.  The majority of the DS64 installation is done except for a few turnouts, which need the Tortoise's installed due to inacessable locations.

I started the installation of the BNSF staging cut-off and have the subroadbed and cork down and cut through the back board where the track will traverse.  Tomorrow I will start and hopefully complete the track installation there.  Then the next step will be to install the Tortoises for those 4 turnouts and I hope to have those done by the end of the month.

The control panels for Fresno are 99% complete.  Just a couple more turnouts to install, again due to inacessable locations.

I'd say, that's a lot of progress!  Onward!