Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Traffic Center Control Panel

If you know me you know I HATE wiring!  Welcome to model railroading!  LOL  And perhaps you have read some of my other posts about connecting JMRI and the wifi and building panels in JMRI.  Well, I am well on my way to creating the Traffic Center panel that will be displayed on my iPad at the Traffic Center area.  Now operators won't have to fiddle with their throttle and view a chart to select a route into the Traffic Center.  They just read their manifest to see which track they are to go into and push the icon and the route lines up for them.  Too easy!

The panel is not complete yet.  I'd like to change the icon to be a button that can be pushed, and the will light up green when the route is selected.  Still working on that.  Once I have that done, then I will adjust the placement of all the icons and clean up the panel a bit.  But for now, this works!

Posted by Frank Kenny, CPRX.

No comments:

Post a Comment