Search This Blog

Saturday, December 21, 2013

A VISIT TO DAVID BARROWS' CAT MOUNTAIN AND SANTA FE 2012

A visit to David Barrows' layout in Austin, TX in 2012.  Awesome railroad.  Years ago (1980's with Mark Bridgwater?) I operated the original Cat Mountain and Santa Fe and that was an amazing experience to say the least!  The Cat Mountain was one of my favorite railroads to operate.  The other was the Virginian and Ohio in Dayton.  I operated there in 1976 I believe!

David's new layout is much simpler that the old CM.  Much as been said about the simplicity of the new layout, however, I found it to really be perfect.  No, it's not just a plywood table top.  It does have scenery, buildings, etc.  I thoroughly enjoyed the layout and my visit with David.  Thanks again David!  I look forward to returning.


No comments:

Post a Comment